Tuesday, September 28, 2010

tailwind

Had a 15-20 mph tailwind pishing me today. Love those tailwinds. Biked 68 miles. Am saying in a campground on the avenue of the giants. I pitched my tent right under 3 massive redwoods. Who knows how old they are? It is beautiful in here. Very quiet and quite dark. Having chili for dinner. Pretty flat today, I do not miss the hills. On Thursday though, I will bike up over legget hill, 2000 feet high, the highest on the California coast. I will then drop down as I draw closer to the Bay area, where I will meet Kim on Friday. Started off with fog today but it burned off after an hour. Getting much warmer as I move further South. It was in the 80's today. Meeting more bikers every day. Quite a few of them here in California. They have all been pretty nice, and it's fun sharing stories of the road. Well, that's it for now. See you later. Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment